" I implore you, my child; observe heaven and earth, consider all that is in them, and acknowledge that God made them out of nothing (ex nihilo), and that mankind comes into being in the same way..." 2 Maccabees 7:28

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trisha's birthday

On the occasion of Trisha's birthday, I am inspired to write a letter to all women out there- girls, wait for the right guy! Don't compromise! God has good things in store for us if we'd just trust him!
I think a lot about Trisha's path to finding Tony- it was not easy. But Tony is truly the perfect one for her, and my own life has been so enriched by her faithfullness because now I have a brother. Tony drove me home from the hospital- an easier post -surgery ride was never experienced, I'm sure. He drove about 8 mph (3 when turning corners) and I could see him making calculations in his head before going over any speedbump as to what would be the least jarring way to approach each individual bump. (Next morning Charity drove me over those same bumps- very different experience. I felt like we were the Dukes of Hazard catching air as we sailed over those things and finished off with a bone- jarring thud on the other side... I checked my stitches when we landed, just to be safe).

Marriage is no joke! You never know what's coming next in life. I am so thankful for my brothers Bjorn, Tony, John, VIncent, Lemur... the list goes on and on. And all these men came into my life because these women waited for a good one!

1 comment:

Faith G said...

Okay yall' Faith will do ANYTHING for a laugh. Apparently even betray the youngest born sister. I drove very smootly on our ride... not as smooth as Tony but she was feeling better the second day and said I didnt have to. She said I drove very well. Imagine my suprise when I found this blasphemy early this morning!
Needless to say from now on Faith will walk.