" I implore you, my child; observe heaven and earth, consider all that is in them, and acknowledge that God made them out of nothing (ex nihilo), and that mankind comes into being in the same way..." 2 Maccabees 7:28

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My friend Jim

I have a friend, Jim. I met him 4 or 5 years ago in Medjugorje and we have kept in touch all that time. I think he's in his 80's or so, but he is deceptively tough. In medjugorje, he hung out with all us young'uns and climbed Cross Hill in the pouring rain at midnight, despite his heart condition. Pretty awesome. He also lost his camera not once, not twice, but three times in the 9 days we were there, but it always somehow miraculously ended up coming back to him.

Anyway, Jim recently send me an email telling me that my new blog is very snazzy. This means a lot coming from him, who is pretty high in the snazz factor himself. I will look around and see if I have a picture of him I can post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snazzy is the coolest word. We should make it the word of the month!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is cool. How'd you learn to put one together? I've been meaning to tell you how awesome I think you're spiritual director, Father Chad, is! What a great homilist and priest.
Stever

Anonymous said...

SheShe- do you have a blog? I hear from Christina that you are pretty cool already and perhaps having a blog would push you so far into the coolness scale that you would be unfit for normal company anymore...but do you have one?

hopeyg said...

Hey Papes, I'm still waiting for a picture of Jim.

Anonymous said...

JIm has asked that his picture not be posted, perhaps he is in the witness protection program.