" I implore you, my child; observe heaven and earth, consider all that is in them, and acknowledge that God made them out of nothing (ex nihilo), and that mankind comes into being in the same way..." 2 Maccabees 7:28

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lookin' Good!


Yesterday I was taking a walk by myself in the evening. It was very warm but I didn't have any summer sandals down here with me so I was wearing my clunky black Mary Janes with white gym socks. I had on my comfortable khaki pants that are a little too short in the leg, and a blue and white flowered headscarf and a brown tee shirt. (It's hard to motivate yourself to try to look good when you are a female with male- pattern baldness). So I was walking down Magnolia after having rented a movie, and these teenage boys in a fancy black Acura drove by and started whistling at me. I was so mad- I wanted to throw a rock at them! And I was right in front of the police station, too. I know they didn't mean any harm, but I felt like crying! So I said a prayer in my head- "God bless those little rat dumbshits..." and I felt better.

So I guess my prayers were answered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Faith,
Br. Robert's mom here. I've been praying for you regularly. Today is the beginning of the Novena to St. Peregrine. I will be remembering you in a special way during these next nine days. Maybe some of your other friends would like to pray this novena to. I'm sure you know that St. Peregrine is the patron saint of cancer patients. EWTN has a good page on him with two novena prayers at www.ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/peregrine.htm
I just noticed that in the heading for that page it says "Faith." It must be just for you!!!
Love,
Virginia

Unknown said...

If I were God and I heard that prayer, I'd sure answer it right away. "This girl is serious," I'd say to myself.