" I implore you, my child; observe heaven and earth, consider all that is in them, and acknowledge that God made them out of nothing (ex nihilo), and that mankind comes into being in the same way..." 2 Maccabees 7:28

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Down Side Of Antioxidants

After reading one of my previous posts mentioning dropping $$ for blueberries, my aunt began saving up her blueberries from her backyard to bring to me. We finally met up last weekend, and she gave me bags and bags of frozen blueberries; the kind that really TASTE like blueberries. Much better than the ones you buy in stores. The next day I made blueberry pancakes for the family. So good!

Tuesday evening at our womens group E. made blueberry cobbler for us. We ate it first and then did scripture reflections; for me it was a little hard to talk theology when the whole group looked like we were suffering from lack of oxygen. I wish I had gotten a picture of this group of adult women with blue lips, teeth and tongues talkin' bible.

2 comments:

Anamchara said...

Faith G: I found your blog and I can relate. Unfortunately, my wife is seriously ill. God Bless you and your family. I am seriously considering converting to Catholicism (currently Anglican). I found your post in connection with my own interest in Poland. I experienced a miracle of sorts the day Pope John Paul II died, but that is for another time. Good luck with your treatments. On the eve of The Feast of St. James, God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Faith,

Did you know that I'm absolutely in love with blueberries? Like I can't imagine my life without them.

And, to think that I've never had blueberry cobbler. Hmmmm.

Blueberry lips are the prettiest thing ever!