" I implore you, my child; observe heaven and earth, consider all that is in them, and acknowledge that God made them out of nothing (ex nihilo), and that mankind comes into being in the same way..." 2 Maccabees 7:28

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Advice

You know you are receiving good advice when it stings as it penetrates. Fr Chad said to me, "you know, it's not our health or our job or any of those things that is ultimately the hardest thing to let go of, but our own plans. And often one of the greatest gifts God can give us is to free us from those. There are no dead ends; when you hit a wall and can no longer move forward, just look to the left and the right and keep moving wherever you see an opening."

5 comments:

Trisha Q said...

You're blessed to be surrounded by so many good priests.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right. I have trouble with this too. The disruption of our own plans is the hardest thing to deal with. But the end result (years later) is better than our original plan was. -Trinka

hopeyg said...

That's some pretty good advice from Fr. Chad. How true I think all of us can relate to it. Man I must say when I look back at calling off my engagement 6 years ago, I'm so greatful things worked out the way they did. Love ya,
hoper

Chris G said...

Amen to Fr Chad regarding plans. The last hideout of the pride that opposes true humility. I will pray that we both learn to let go!

Anonymous said...

good advice, indeed.